Program: Geography Ph.D. Program
Specialization: Transportation, Health and Energy
Expected Graduation Date: 2025
Area of Research: Nexus among transportation, urban form and energy, Intersection of Transportation and Health, Intersection of City Planning and Data Analytics, Reproducible Research
Link to Research Profile: https://twitter.com/abdirashidmd
Relevant Technical Skills:
R, R Spatial, R Markdown, Tidymodels and Python.
Publications and Presentations:
-HSR construction costs in South Korea, a presentation at Marron Institute of Urban Management at NYU (2021).
- Demystifying Seoul subways, a presentation at Marron Institute of Urban Management at NYU (November, 2020)
- Peak Car Use: Transforming urban roads and streets through Movement and Place Design. Proceedings of the 2019 International Joint Conference Among Calgary University, University of Seoul, Tongji University and Kumamoto University August 18-21, 2019, University of Calgary, Canada
- Innovative Street Design Approaches in Urban Areas to End the Automobile Dependence, February, 2020
- A Study on the Modification of South Korea's Design Standard for Desirable Stopping Sight Distance, January, 2020
- Walkability Can Alleviate Capital’s Traffic Worries
- Flooding and mitigation in East Africa